All season tyres for a wide range of cars, the Vredestein Quatrac 3 performs well whatever the weather conditions.
Grip. The Vredestein Quatrac 3 has a striking asymmetric tread pattern with separate winter and summer sides.
- Fast reaction thanks to the low air ratio and small number of sipes on the outer part (summer side).
- The inner part (winter side) ensures a perfect grip on snow and easily shakes off snow and mud.
Driving. The wide tread ensures improved road holding and stability.
Safety. Three central longitudinal grooves reduce the risk of aquaplaning by efficiently clearing water.
More information on E.U labelling
Vredestein Quatrac 3 review, test and rating
Vredestein Quatrac 3 review, test and rating. rezulteo collects tyre information from sources all over Europe, and offers comprehensive and pertinent information to help you make the best choices when it comes to your tyres. See our methodology for our tyre rating system. See the test methodology for tyres
Vredestein Quatrac 3 performances
- Dry braking
- Wet braking
- Wet grip
3 / 5
|Dry braking||7.3 /10|
|Wet braking||6 /10|
|Wet grip||8.2 /10|
- Irregularity absorption
- Dry handling
- Road noise
5 / 5
|Dry handling||9 /10|
|Irregularity absorption||7.8 /10|
|Road noise||9.9 /10|
They have tested Vredestein Quatrac 3
|AUTO MOTOR UND SPORT||2007||21|
Methodology for performance measurements
Sources refer to a market player who carries out independent tyre comparison tests, based on a stable methodology and broad performance criteria, to provide objective results for a range of similar tyres according to the type of use.
Only the sources that respect the criteria are included in the base. These criteria are also applied for every test source.
The sources used to establish the performances for a tyre are:
- Data from published tests from specialized media.
- Data from Regulation (EC) 1222/2009 "on the labelling of tyres with respect to fuel efficiency and other essential parameters". Or the most widely observed label values (MOBS) in the absence of official values*.
- Data published by independent test institutes.
Detailed list of the sources (not including Regulation (EC) 1222/2009) used to rate each product accompanies the display.
The structure of the ratings
The final rating is divided into 9 elementary performances, and an additional 4 elementary performances for winter tyres.
The elementary performances are grouped into 5 performance categories; 3 for summer tyres, and 2 for winter tyres.
Every elementary performance is integrated into its group with a different weighting according to its importance.
The performance groups and the elementary performances are as follows:
|General performances||Winter performances|
The methodology for the calculation
Every elementary performance is rated accordingly to the following princip:
- A score of 10 is given to a tyre which achieves the best result for a given test.
- The score given to other tyres decreases in proportion to the standard deviation of the selected discriminating factor.
- All results that are 9 times higher than this standard deviation obtain the score of 1.
If the source uses his own rating (when it is not on a base of 10), a linear transcoding is performed
The final score for the basic performance is the arithmetic average of the scores obtained for each test.
Note: Tests conducted by car magazines or specialised bodies generally cover the most common tyre dimensions available on the market. Even if performances vary slightly depending on dimensions, we have chosen to apply the rating to all dimensions for a tyre model.
The star rating system
The stars gives a graphic overview of the value for a performance group. They are given according to the following scale:
*MOBS: Data taken from publicly available labelling data, from Internet sites. Click here for more information
Where can I buy my tyres?
|Huge range of tyres online including car tyres, van tyres and 4x4 tyres||See offer|
- Vector 4Seasons Gen-2, the new all season tyre from Goodyear Read more
- A tyre that changes colour when it’s time to switch to winter tyres Read more
- The top best winter tyres for 2015/2016 Read more