Who let the air out ?
Late this October, police responding to a call from a woman in Gobowen, her ex-partner let down a tyre on the police patrol car before leaving the scene in his own car. Barry Wayne Jones then crashed his Toyota MR2 into an electricity meter on a roundabout and breath tests showed he had drunk more than two and a half times the legal limit.
Jones, 36, of Gobowen, pleaded guilty to criminal damage and drink driving when he appeared in court.
Authorities say that no permanent damage had been caused to the police vehicle. A spokesperson for the probation service said that since the incident Jones has given up drink. When he drinks, he drinks to excess and gets into trouble, added the probation officer.
Jones was ordered to pay £85 costs, perform 100 hours of unpaid work in the community and banned from driving for two years.
Articles in the same header
- The most expensive article on the Amazon site is a... Tyre!
- Bags made of recycled tyres
- A Bugatti rescued from the bottom of a lake
- SARTRE project : Let yourself be guided
- Goodyear: burning rubber!
- With the iPhone, you can do anything!
- Get a breath of fresh air while driving
- Illegal tyres tell tales