The Clio RS Trophy shod with Michelin tyres
Purists have been eagerly waiting for a more radical version of the latest Clio RS. A Trophy version, presented at the last Geneva Motor Show, comes with a few notable changes such as its tyres, the Michelin Pilot Super Sport.
On the same topic
Since its launch, the Clio 4 RS has been a disappointment for all purists. Nowhere near as sporty as its predecessor and equipped with some questionable technical choices, it no longer seemed in line with the rigour we have come to expect from Renault Sport.
However, on several occasions the diamond manufacturer’s sporty signature has shown us its ability to make positive changes to a model. The first Megane RS is a perfect example.
As a result, a more powerful version of the Clio 4 RS was highly anticipated, and tipped to be shown at the 2015 edition of the Geneva Motor Show.
As such, a "Trophy" version was presented. It offers significant changes, particularly at a mechanical level, since the 1.6 litre turbo engine has been upgraded from 200 to 220 hp. The robotised gearbox remains but is updated to allow much faster gear shifts.
As a result, the suspension has also changed. The chassis has been lowered by 20 mm at the front and 10 mm at the rear, new shock absorbers have been fitted and the steering ratio reduced by 10%.
The Trophy version is delivered with the Michelin Pilot Super Sport. This is a more radical tyre than the aforementioned, clearly defining its dynamic positioning. Indeed, the PSS is between a sports tyre and a semi-slick. As a result, it is designed for a more radical use and occasional track use.
The size remains the same: 205 40 ZR 18 (86Y).
Articles in the same header
- For its comeback, the Alpine A110 fits Michelin Pilot Sport 4 tyres
- Michelin and Dunlop tyres for the new Porsche GT3
- Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 for the Mercedes AMG GT R
- The Bridgestone Dueler H/P Sport for the new Maserati Levante
- Bridgestone at the service of the majestic DB11
- The new Ford Focus RS equipped by Michelin
- Kumho chosen for the Dodge Viper ACR 2016
- Honda Civic Type R: which tyre will transfer its power to the ground?
- A specific Michelin Super Sport for the BMW X6 M
- The new Ford Focus RS equipped with Michelin tyres