Pirelli P-Zero tyres especially for the Alfa Romeo 4C
The 4C is Alfa Romeo’s new ultra-light model. To live up to claims, the 4C needed tyres that Pirelli was willing to supply, on an exclusive basis.
On the same topic
Custom AR P-Zero tyres
On paper, the Alfa Romeo 4C is an extremely attractive sports car. Its state of the art chassis can count on a carbon fibre monocoque, just like a real super car. One of the lightest cars in the world, it has a dry weight of just 895 kg which makes it a real bomb, even though its power output is not particularly high: Its small four cylinder engine “only” produces 240 hp. With its extreme design philosophy, this car needed high performance tyres in line with its character. Therefore, the Italian car manufacturer worked hand in hand with Pirelli to develop its tyres. For the 4C, the tyre manufacturer concocted a special P-Zero, tailored to match the cars’ technical characteristics.
Developed to suit a sports car that produces low levels of downforce but requires maximum grip, the P-Zero AR is fitted with 18 inch rims at the rear and 17 inch rims at the front. Note that the Alfa Romeo 4C can also be equipped with P-Zero Trofeo 19 inch rims at the rear and 18 inch rims at the front, in a more radical version.
8 minutes and 4 seconds on the Nordschleife
For more information
>> Video of the Alfa Romeo fitted with P-Zero Trofeo tyres setting the Nürburgring record:
Articles in the same header
- Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 for the Mercedes AMG GT R
- The Bridgestone Dueler H/P Sport for the new Maserati Levante
- Bridgestone at the service of the majestic DB11
- The new Ford Focus RS equipped by Michelin
- Kumho chosen for the Dodge Viper ACR 2016
- Honda Civic Type R: which tyre will transfer its power to the ground?
- The Clio RS Trophy shod with Michelin tyres
- A specific Michelin Super Sport for the BMW X6 M
- The new Ford Focus RS equipped with Michelin tyres
- A special Dunlop Sport Maxx GT 600 for the Nissan GT-R Nismo