Pilot Sport Cup 2 tyres will equip the new Ferrari 458 Speciale
Michelin scores another coup; they can now claim to be the official tyre supplier for the particularly sharp new Ferrari. The 458 Speciale is extremely promising on paper, and its tyres are French.
On the same topic
The prancing horse brand has just revealed the new edition of its 458 Italia. Its name is no more original than that of the LaFerrari presented at the beginning of the year and its performance promises sporty prowess on the track. The 458 Speciale is the spiritual successor of the 360 Challenge Stradale and the 458 Scuderia. A higher performance version of the 458 Italia, which is by no means the slowest car in the world, to achieve faster lap times on the track.
Under the bonnet, an atmospheric V8 engine producing 605 hp and its dry weight is quoted at 1290 kg. 0 to 62 mph takes less than three seconds and the car can pull 1.33 g’s of lateral acceleration when cornering.
To withstand such constraints, this car needed a cutting edge tyre. Ferrari asked Michelin to specifically design a tyre for the car based on the new Pilot Sport Cup 2. A tyre jointly improved by Ferrari and Michelin to achieve the best possible lap times, while delivering consistent performance and maximum grip on wet surfaces.
At Ferrari’s Fioranio track, the 458 Special’s lap time is just half a second behind the mighty F12 and its 740 hp. So, mission accomplished!
The Ferrari 458 Speciale will be fitted with 245/35ZR20 91Y tyres on the front and 305/30ZR20 103Y tyres on the rear.
Articles in the same header
- Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 for the Mercedes AMG GT R
- The Bridgestone Dueler H/P Sport for the new Maserati Levante
- Bridgestone at the service of the majestic DB11
- The new Ford Focus RS equipped by Michelin
- Kumho chosen for the Dodge Viper ACR 2016
- Honda Civic Type R: which tyre will transfer its power to the ground?
- The Clio RS Trophy shod with Michelin tyres
- A specific Michelin Super Sport for the BMW X6 M
- The new Ford Focus RS equipped with Michelin tyres
- A special Dunlop Sport Maxx GT 600 for the Nissan GT-R Nismo