Kumho: the new tyre supplier for the Mercedes G Class
After the Mercedes A Class or the Sprinter van, Kumho has once again teamed up with the German manufacturer for its out and out SUV, the G Class.
On the same topic
The rugged adventurer now the epitome of luxury
The Mercedes G Class stands alone in the current automotive landscape. Like the Land Rover Defender, it is still in the catalogue despite a design which has been around for years (in this case, the 1970’s). But unlike the Land Rover, the G Class has gradually strayed from its original objective which was simply to establish itself as the best cross country vehicle in the world. Today, the G Class is still able to deliver impressive performance off the beaten track, but it has also become an extremely luxurious vehicle, sold at a much higher price than the German manufacturer’s other SUVs. A vehicle that is extremely popular with rich American, Russian or Saudi clients.
Fitted with the Kumho Solus KL21
Note that in South Korea, Kumho equips an even bigger Mercedes since the tyre manufacturer supplies tyres for the Actros, a truck manufactured by the star brand.
Articles in the same header
- For its comeback, the Alpine A110 fits Michelin Pilot Sport 4 tyres
- Michelin and Dunlop tyres for the new Porsche GT3
- Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 for the Mercedes AMG GT R
- The Bridgestone Dueler H/P Sport for the new Maserati Levante
- Bridgestone at the service of the majestic DB11
- The new Ford Focus RS equipped by Michelin
- Kumho chosen for the Dodge Viper ACR 2016
- Honda Civic Type R: which tyre will transfer its power to the ground?
- The Clio RS Trophy shod with Michelin tyres
- A specific Michelin Super Sport for the BMW X6 M