Kumho chosen for the Dodge Viper ACR 2016
South Korean tyre manufacturer Kumho has been chosen to equip the new Dodge Viper ACR 2016. The ultra high performance Ecsta V720 has been specially developed for the supercar.
On the same topic
It is Kumho, the South Korean tyre manufacturer who has been chosen to transfer the 640 hp and 813 Nm of torque produced by the monstrous 8.4 litre V10 engine of the new Dodge Viper ACR 2016 to the road. It is a variant of the ultra high performance Ecsta V720 that has been developed for the Viper ACR supercar. Until now, Kumho, who only proposed this tyre in 15 to 18 inch rim diameters, is presenting a 19 inch rim diameter here.
In addition to its dimensions (295/55R19 at the front and 355/30R19 at the rear), the Ecsta V720 Edition Viper features a special tread compound and a unique asymmetric tread pattern developed especially for the car. Reinforced shoulder blocks improve handling stability and help withstand lateral G-forces.
More anecdotal, but reflecting considerable attention to detail, the sidewall of the Ecsta V720 Edition Viper features the ACR logo along with a snakeskin pattern.
Hyun-Ho Kim, Managing Director of Kumho, who signs his third collaboration with the Fiat Chrysler group, cannot hide his pride. “It is a considerable feet for Kumho to supply OE tyres for the Dodge Viper ACR. The Ecsta V720 holds great significance to us as it is built on our racing technology accumulated through the aggressive motorsport campaigns we have conducted over the years at home and abroad.”, he stated.
Articles in the same header
- Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 for the Mercedes AMG GT R
- The Bridgestone Dueler H/P Sport for the new Maserati Levante
- Bridgestone at the service of the majestic DB11
- The new Ford Focus RS equipped by Michelin
- Honda Civic Type R: which tyre will transfer its power to the ground?
- The Clio RS Trophy shod with Michelin tyres
- A specific Michelin Super Sport for the BMW X6 M
- The new Ford Focus RS equipped with Michelin tyres
- A special Dunlop Sport Maxx GT 600 for the Nissan GT-R Nismo
- New Bridgestone tyres for Mercedes