Honda Civic Type R: which tyre will transfer its power to the ground?
The new Civic Type R upsets the hierarchy of compact sports cars. Officially presented at the Geneva Motor Show, it reveals impressive technical features starting with 310hp to be transferred to the front wheels, a real challenge for tyres!
On the same topic
Rarely has a "Type R" been so eagerly awaited. The latest Civic made its first official appearance at the Geneva Motor Show, unveiling a more powerful, technically advanced model.
Under the bonnet, it hides a 4 cylinder turbo engine delivering 310 hp, making it one of the most powerful front wheel drives in history. As a result, announced performance figures are impressive with a top speed of 270 km/h and acceleration from 0 to 100 km/h in 5.7 seconds.
But beyond these raw figures, Honda is mainly communicating on a dynamic efficiency that is set to become a benchmark. The chassis has been carefully designed for offer a more radical use, as can be seen in video footage taken at Nürburgring (see below) where it recorded a lap time of 7'50''63, a lap time that makes this car the fastest in its category.
In this exercise, we know that tyres play a decisive role. The Megane RS, Leon Cupra and the new Focus RS have opted for the Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 for their most radical versions.
All that we know is that the Civic will be marketed with tyres specially developed by a front line European tyre manufacturer. It will be fitted with the size 235 35ZR19 91Y.
Articles in the same header
- For its comeback, the Alpine A110 fits Michelin Pilot Sport 4 tyres
- Michelin and Dunlop tyres for the new Porsche GT3
- Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 for the Mercedes AMG GT R
- The Bridgestone Dueler H/P Sport for the new Maserati Levante
- Bridgestone at the service of the majestic DB11
- The new Ford Focus RS equipped by Michelin
- Kumho chosen for the Dodge Viper ACR 2016
- The Clio RS Trophy shod with Michelin tyres
- A specific Michelin Super Sport for the BMW X6 M
- The new Ford Focus RS equipped with Michelin tyres