For its comeback, the Alpine A110 fits Michelin Pilot Sport 4 tyres
Presented at the Geneva International Motor Show, the Alpine A110, a modern version of the legendary sports coupe from Renault’s subsidiary, will come with Michelin Pilot Sport 4 tyres as original equipment.
On the same topic
A major attraction at the Geneva International Motor Show, the much-anticipated Alpine A110 will be equipped with Michelin tyres. All 1955 models of the Alpine will be fitted with the Pilot Sport 4. 1955, in reference to the year the first “Berlinette” was launched.
In search of a high-performance tyre
The Alpine, which has achieved legendary status among motoring enthusiasts, needs tyres tailored to its requirements. With the Pilot Sport 4, Michelin has taken up the challenge for a car which has to combine a high level of sportiness in extreme driving conditions with agility when driven on a daily basis. And this, while ensuring ride safety in wet conditions. This mission should not prove too difficult for Michelin and its PS4, which has received an A-rating for wet grip on the EU tyre label. The PS4 is the result of over two years of development and 3,000 km of tests at the Michelin Technology Centre and Charade track in Auvergne, France and on the Idiada track near Barcelona in Spain.
Return of an icon
No longer produced at the Dieppe factories, the renewed Alpine A110 was initially presented as a concept car, before officially rising from its ashes. Renault released a teaser for its return in a newsletter at the end of last year. This is how fans of the brand found out about an application to reserve one of the 1955 models, even before the final version was revealed. The response was overwhelming, with all models snapped up within 72 hours, despite a price tag of €58,500 (around £50,400).
Delivery of the Alpine A110 Premiere Edition is planned for the end of 2017. It will be fitted with Michelin Pilot Sport 4 tyres, 205/40 ZR 18 86Y on the front and 235/40 ZR 18 95Y on the rear.
Articles in the same header
- Michelin and Dunlop tyres for the new Porsche GT3
- Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 for the Mercedes AMG GT R
- The Bridgestone Dueler H/P Sport for the new Maserati Levante
- Bridgestone at the service of the majestic DB11
- The new Ford Focus RS equipped by Michelin
- Kumho chosen for the Dodge Viper ACR 2016
- Honda Civic Type R: which tyre will transfer its power to the ground?
- The Clio RS Trophy shod with Michelin tyres
- A specific Michelin Super Sport for the BMW X6 M
- The new Ford Focus RS equipped with Michelin tyres