Continental tyres to be fitted as original equipment on three new Volkswagen models
Continental is delighted to announce the arrival of three new Volkswagen models which will be fitted with the brand’s tyres as original equipment.
On the same topic
Golf, Beetle, and CC
The Volkswagen range is rich with a large number of different models. The category to be fitted with Continental products includes compacts, saloons and the premium city cars. The Golf needs no introduction: the star of the C-segment continues to make record sales, beating the Renault Megane, Ford Focus and Peugeot 308 etc. hands down. From now on the seventh generation Golf will be fitted with 15 or 16 inch (depending on the version) ContiEcoContact 5 and ContiPremiumContact 5 tyres as original equipment, for the basic models. The ContiEcoContact 5 is also to be fitted to the Volkswagen CC, as is the ContiSportContact 5, also in the 17 inch dimension. Finally, the Beetle will also be fitted with 20-inch ContiSportContact 5, on the sports inspired models.
Depending on the tyre chosen (ContiEcoContact, ContiSportContact, ContiPremiumContact), the performance obtained will clearly be different and each matches a specific need: low consumption and low rolling resistance for the basic models, optimal driving comfort for the more luxurious models and the best dynamic performance for the sports models. It should be noted that these tyres will be manufactured in Continental’s European factories, with the exception of the ContiSportContact 5 for the Beetle, sold in the United States and produced in Mount Vernon.
Articles in the same header
- The Bridgestone Dueler H/P Sport for the new Maserati Levante
- Bridgestone at the service of the majestic DB11
- The new Ford Focus RS equipped by Michelin
- Kumho chosen for the Dodge Viper ACR 2016
- Honda Civic Type R: which tyre will transfer its power to the ground?
- The Clio RS Trophy shod with Michelin tyres
- A specific Michelin Super Sport for the BMW X6 M
- The new Ford Focus RS equipped with Michelin tyres
- A special Dunlop Sport Maxx GT 600 for the Nissan GT-R Nismo
- New Bridgestone tyres for Mercedes