A special Dunlop Sport Maxx GT 600 for the Nissan GT-R Nismo
The most radical version of the Nissan GT-R is fitted with specifically developed Dunlop tyres.
On the same topic
The ultimate GT-R?
In the auto sport world, the Nissan GT-R holds a special place.
This big Japanese GT surprised everyone when it arrived in 2007, delivering better performance than that of several European references (Porsche 911 Turbo, Ferrari F430...) despite a far more affordable price tag.
Since then, the GT-R has continually improved, going as far as to offer the Nismo, the fastest and most powerful version in the car’s history. With precisely 600 hp and a well-tuned chassis, this GT-R Nismo can also count on special tyres.
A tailor-made Dunlop Sport Maxx GT
Dunlop will equip the Nissan GT-R Nismo and curiously, the tyre manufacturer has not chosen its most radical tyre (Sport Maxx Race), Nissan undoubtedly preferring more versatility when weather conditions are poor.
It is therefore the Sport Maxx GT that has been chosen, a tyre that already equips sports cars such as the Mercedes SLS AMG GT.
However, the GT-R Nismo is entitled to a Sport Maxx GT 600 version, specially adapted to its specific dynamic handing characteristics (similar to that of a big, heavy 4x4).
Note that with this tyre, the GT-R Nismo can leap from 0 to 100 km/h in just 2.5 seconds, that’s faster than a Bugatti Veyron with 1200 hp.
Articles in the same header
- The new Ford Focus RS equipped by Michelin
- Kumho chosen for the Dodge Viper ACR 2016
- Honda Civic Type R: which tyre will transfer its power to the ground?
- The Clio RS Trophy shod with Michelin tyres
- A specific Michelin Super Sport for the BMW X6 M
- The new Ford Focus RS equipped with Michelin tyres
- New Bridgestone tyres for Mercedes
- A special Lamborghini Aventador to pay tribute to Pirelli
- The Michelin Pilot Super Sport equips the Volvo S60 Polestar
- Yokohama chosen as original equipment supplier for the Porsche Panamera