Urban Crossover: a prototype tyre for the Lexus UX concept
Tyre manufacturer Goodyear chose the Paris Motor Show 2016 to present the Urban Crossover, a new prototype tyre specially created for the Lexus UX concept.
On the same topic
A revolutionary design
To equip the Lexus UX, Goodyear has developed a product that perfectly matches the specification defined by the car manufacturer for its Lexus UX concept: a revolutionary design featuring the tyre manufacturers’ state-of-the-art technologies.
Goodyear has reproduced the exclusive design of the Lexus UX in its new model, where the internal elements blend with the external elements and vice versa. The spokes of the rim flow into the sidewall design of the tyre to form a unique feature in keeping with the rest of the car. The tyre design, which contributes to the dynamic overall appearance, was created using Goodyear’s latest hi-tech laser carving technique.
The Urban Crossover incorporates Goodyear’s state-of-the-art technologies. One of these innovative features is the Sound Comfort technology, where an open-cell polyurethane foam element is inserted inside the tyre to reduce rolling noise.
The Chip in tire technology, presented for the first time in 2014 at the Geneva Motor Show is also incorporated in the Urban Crossover. A chip installed inside the tyre communicates with the vehicle’s electronic system and transmits information such as tyre pressure, temperature and even tyre identification data in order to maximise the interaction between the tyre and the vehicle’s active safety elements. This allows the tyre to work ideally.
The Urban Crossover is also equipped with Goodyear’s Run Flat technology, allowing the tyre to be driven flat (or punctured) for up to 50 miles at a speed of 50 mph.
Articles in the same header
- Tyre manufacturers and football, a premier partnership
- Goodyear CityCube: a concept tyre for the Toyota i-TRIL
- Pirelli Connesso: an app that gives you the real-time status of your tyres
- The Pirelli P Zero: now available in colour
- IntelliGrip Urban: another concept tyre for Goodyear
- Eagle 360 Urban: the new version of Goodyear’s concept tyre
- Pirelli calendar: third time for Peter Lindbergh
- Hankook Tire becomes a new sponsor of Real Madrid
- IntelliGrip: Goodyear’s proposal for the first autonomous vehicles
- Goodyear Eagle-360: when fiction becomes reality