The Hankook Ventus S1 Evo2 SUV stands out in a German comparison test
Designed for large sporty SUVs, the Hankook Ventus S1 Evo2 can already boast excellent results in a comparison test organised by a German magazine.
On the same topic
In the top rankings
In its March 2014 edition, the German magazine “Gute Fahrt” organised a major test where 10 tyres from the main competitors in the high performance products market for large SUVs were compared. The brand new Hankook Ventus S1 Evo2 SUV was one of the ten selected products and to say the least, the resulting publicity is good for the Korean tyre manufacturer since in the comparison, its tyre monopolises the top of the podium. At the end of testing, the Ventus S1 Evo2 SUV obtains the best distinction, including for the safety category (wet grip and aquaplaning resistance tests). It also gets a ‘very good’ seal of approval for driving comfort and rolling noise.
For sporty SUVs
Ideally calibrated for SUV vehicles such as the BMW X5 (fitted with Hankook tyres as original equipment), the Ventus S1 Evo2 SUV is already marketed in a range of 30 different sizes, for rim diameters ranging from 17 to 22 inches with tread widths of 225 to 315 millimetres. It is presented as a high performance tyre with sophisticated technology, for which Hankook is not slow to make a direct link with its development work for the DTM championship.
Articles in the same header
- Motorsports: a laboratory for road tyres
- Dunlop’s Chip-In-Tyre: a connected tyre
- Bridgestone launches its Ologic tyre on the BMW i3
- Pirelli celebrates 50 years of its calendar with never-before-seen photos
- Bridgestone, exclusive partner for Mercedes-Benz Driving Events
- Bridgestone Ologic: tomorrow’s eco-friendly tyre?
- Michelin: a key advantage for the new Peugeot 308?
- Continental ContiSilent: less noise but just as sporty
- The Pirelli calendar celebrates its 50 anniversary
- ContiSafetyDays 2013: a track day to test Continental’s “5” range.