The 2016 Pirelli calendar has arrived!
Always extremely popular, the 2016 Pirelli Calendar was presented to the press on November 30th. After Helmut Newton in 2014 and Steven Meisel and Gigi Hadid in 2015, this year the happy few who will have the privilege of being able to hang it up, can once again appreciate photographs taken by American portrait photographer Annie Leibovitz
On the same topic
For this edition, there is only a hint of nudity. The artist has chosen thirteen women of achievement from fields as varied as cinema (the actress Yao Chen, the film director Ava DuVernay or the film producer Kathleen Kennedy), patroness (Agnes Gund), sports (Serena Williams), music (Patti Smith…), finance, fashion, charities, etc.
No physical stereotypes either since they embody women in all their diversities, both ethnic and generational.
This is the second time that Annie Leibovitz signs the famous Calendar. In 2000, she says, the calendar “was an exercise in photographing nudes. It was a simple concept. For 2016, we have opted to do something completely different, but it is still simple: a classic set of black and white portraits taken in the studio. (...) I wanted the pictures to show women as they really are, with no pretence.”
For those who will not be lucky enough to own this edition, the photographs can be seen on line at www.pirellicalendar.com. And, in addition, visitors will have access to richer content, photos that have never been seen before and a historical section offering an overview of calendars from the past. Ultimately, when digitisation work is completed, all of the calendars published since 1964 will be available on line.
Articles in the same header
- Tyre manufacturers and football, a premier partnership
- Goodyear CityCube: a concept tyre for the Toyota i-TRIL
- Pirelli Connesso: an app that gives you the real-time status of your tyres
- The Pirelli P Zero: now available in colour
- IntelliGrip Urban: another concept tyre for Goodyear
- Eagle 360 Urban: the new version of Goodyear’s concept tyre
- Pirelli calendar: third time for Peter Lindbergh
- Urban Crossover: a prototype tyre for the Lexus UX concept
- Hankook Tire becomes a new sponsor of Real Madrid
- IntelliGrip: Goodyear’s proposal for the first autonomous vehicles