Test results from Pirelli and De la Rosa at the Paul Ricard HTTT circuit
During the first week of November, the Pirelli team was conducting tests on the Paul Ricard HTTT race track. This run enabled De la Rosa to do more than 1000 kilometres.
Dry track, wet track... the Spanish driver encountered different conditions during his laps, in a highly studious atmosphere. The driver said: « These were the two most productive days of the programme…. What is encouraging is the consistency of the times we clocked up both on the short and long runs. This shows that the tyres reach the maximum efficiency rapidly. We tested an interesting number of solutions in depth, making the most of the reliability of the car and the tyres".
Paul Hembery, director of Pirelli Motorsport was also well satisfied: "Once again, Pedro's expertise and his comments provided precious data to finalise the second tyre we will be taking to Abu Dhabi… next week, other tests on the Paul Ricard HTTT track will allow us to complete our tests in the rain and with intermediary tyres, making the most of the installations available on site (watering system used to reproduce the conditions of driving in the rain).
This first session at the Paul Ricard track concerned soft and hard tyres, with runs of 7 to 20 laps.
Articles in the same header
- Urban Crossover: a prototype tyre for the Lexus UX concept
- Hankook Tire becomes a new sponsor of Real Madrid
- IntelliGrip: Goodyear’s proposal for the first autonomous vehicles
- Goodyear Eagle-360: when fiction becomes reality
- Goodyear TripleTube: no shortage of air for this three-in-one tyre
- The 2016 Pirelli calendar has arrived!
- The three stripes brand continues to adhere to Conti
- Toyota C-HR: connected by tyres
- Discover the first photos from the new 2015 Pirelli calendar
- Bridgestone is set to revolutionise the Runflat tyre