Pirelli Connesso: an app that gives you the real-time status of your tyres
At the Geneva Motor Show 2017, Pirelli presented the Connesso platform. This innovative new system makes it possible to view real-time information on tyres, via a smartphone app.
The Connesso technology uses built-in sensors to measure a multitude of tyre data in real time. The information collected is sent directly to a smartphone app.
This makes it possible for drivers to know pretty much everything about their tyres: pressure, loads, deterioration, temperature, etc…. and this, in real time for each wheel, whether the vehicle is stationary or moving.
Alert thresholds warn the driver if the pressure of a tyre is too low or when the wear limit is close to being reached.
In future versions it will even be possible to estimate the number of miles still remaining on the tyre and access additional services directly from the application.
This revolutionary technology will be soon available as an option for certain tyres in the P Zero range.
Articles in the same header
- Tyre manufacturers and football, a premier partnership
- Goodyear CityCube: a concept tyre for the Toyota i-TRIL
- The Pirelli P Zero: now available in colour
- IntelliGrip Urban: another concept tyre for Goodyear
- Eagle 360 Urban: the new version of Goodyear’s concept tyre
- Pirelli calendar: third time for Peter Lindbergh
- Urban Crossover: a prototype tyre for the Lexus UX concept
- Hankook Tire becomes a new sponsor of Real Madrid
- IntelliGrip: Goodyear’s proposal for the first autonomous vehicles
- Goodyear Eagle-360: when fiction becomes reality