Pirelli celebrates 50 years of its calendar with never-before-seen photos
The Pirelli calendar is an institution that has spanned half a century. To celebrate, the famous Italian tyre manufacturer takes a look at the past for the next edition of its iconic calendar.
On the same topic
50 years and not a wrinkle
By definition, car tyres and artistic photography are two completely unrelated fields. Yet, little by little Pirelli has managed to build a myth by publishing a calendar each year, with models that have little to do with tyres. It all started back in 1964, and today the Pirelli calendar marks its 50 years of existence. To celebrate this nice round number, Pirelli organised a New York photo shoot, bringing together two talented photographers as well as top models that have featured in previous editions. While we waited to discover the 2014 edition of the Pirelli calendar, the Italian tyre manufacturer finally decided to surprise its fans with an astonishing strategy.
Tribute to Helmut Newton
Pirelli has dug out these vintage photos for the 50th anniversary and fans of the calendar should not be disappointed. It features a few Italian beauties and even some sports cars.
For more information
>> Video of Helmut Newton’s secret calendar
Articles in the same header
- Tyre manufacturers and football, a premier partnership
- Goodyear CityCube: a concept tyre for the Toyota i-TRIL
- Pirelli Connesso: an app that gives you the real-time status of your tyres
- The Pirelli P Zero: now available in colour
- IntelliGrip Urban: another concept tyre for Goodyear
- Eagle 360 Urban: the new version of Goodyear’s concept tyre
- Pirelli calendar: third time for Peter Lindbergh
- Urban Crossover: a prototype tyre for the Lexus UX concept
- Hankook Tire becomes a new sponsor of Real Madrid
- IntelliGrip: Goodyear’s proposal for the first autonomous vehicles