Michelin Latitude Alpin 2: Test driving a Range Rover Evoque
To get a better idea of the Latitude Alpin 2’s potential, Michelin organised a short test drive along forest tracks near Riga.
On the same topic
To find out what the new Latitude Alpin has to offer, there's nothing better than a drive through the forest. So, we climbed into a superb Range Rover Evoque 2.2 TD4 150 fitted with 225/65 R17 106H tyres and drove along a snow covered track winding through the pine trees. The test circuit combined areas that were difficult to cross, steep slopes and descents with steps to negotiate. We were not in a bike trial area, but it was enough to test the tyre’s traction and grip.
Reassuring traction in snow
The Michelin Latitude Alpin 2 is an accommodating tyre and generates a real feeling of security. On steep slopes and descents, the tyre bites into the snow and provides remarkable traction. It easily tackles more delicate sections, and in particular, tricky descents. The tyre was never seriously challenged. However, it should be noted that we didn't hit any icy patches.
After a few rough sections, the track alternated between slush, mud and sand. It was ideal to appreciate the perfect harmony between the Range Rover Evoque and the Latitude Alpin 2. Our only regret: We didn’t get to test it on asphalt…
Find out more:
- Michelin Latitude Alpin 2: A winter tyre for high performance SUV’s
- Michelin Latitude Alpin 2: Technology
- Michelin Latitude Alpin 2: Dimensions
Articles in the same header
- Urban Crossover: a prototype tyre for the Lexus UX concept
- Hankook Tire becomes a new sponsor of Real Madrid
- IntelliGrip: Goodyear’s proposal for the first autonomous vehicles
- Goodyear Eagle-360: when fiction becomes reality
- Goodyear TripleTube: no shortage of air for this three-in-one tyre
- The 2016 Pirelli calendar has arrived!
- The three stripes brand continues to adhere to Conti
- Toyota C-HR: connected by tyres
- Discover the first photos from the new 2015 Pirelli calendar
- Bridgestone is set to revolutionise the Runflat tyre