Michelin invests in Formula E to develop tyres for the future
For a while, Michelin was tipped to return to Formula 1. Since then, the French tyre manufacturer has turned to Formula E, where the lessons learned in this challenging discipline could be used directly to develop road tyres.
On the same topic
Formula E marks a turning point in the history of motorsports and the FIA (International Automobile Federation). Electric energy has never been so strongly promoted in motorsports; a turning point yes, but also a challenge for teams who must learn to use these technical solutions. Indeed, drivers have to become accustomed to a radically different approach to driving. An approach that tyre manufacturers also need to adapt to when involved in the project, in this case Michelin.
The Michelin Pilot Sport EV is the tyre developed for the occasion. Available in the size 245/40 R18, it will equip all cars competing in the championship.
The urban setting for races and sustainability are aspects that Michelin will be able to capitalise on, gaining an experience it will be possible to apply to passenger car tyres.
Articles in the same header
- Pirelli calendar: third time for Peter Lindbergh
- Urban Crossover: a prototype tyre for the Lexus UX concept
- Hankook Tire becomes a new sponsor of Real Madrid
- IntelliGrip: Goodyear’s proposal for the first autonomous vehicles
- Goodyear Eagle-360: when fiction becomes reality
- Goodyear TripleTube: no shortage of air for this three-in-one tyre
- The 2016 Pirelli calendar has arrived!
- The three stripes brand continues to adhere to Conti
- Toyota C-HR: connected by tyres
- Discover the first photos from the new 2015 Pirelli calendar