Michelin invests in Formula E to develop tyres for the future
For a while, Michelin was tipped to return to Formula 1. Since then, the French tyre manufacturer has turned to Formula E, where the lessons learned in this challenging discipline could be used directly to develop road tyres.
On the same topic
Formula E marks a turning point in the history of motorsports and the FIA (International Automobile Federation). Electric energy has never been so strongly promoted in motorsports; a turning point yes, but also a challenge for teams who must learn to use these technical solutions. Indeed, drivers have to become accustomed to a radically different approach to driving. An approach that tyre manufacturers also need to adapt to when involved in the project, in this case Michelin.
The Michelin Pilot Sport EV is the tyre developed for the occasion. Available in the size 245/40 R18, it will equip all cars competing in the championship.
The urban setting for races and sustainability are aspects that Michelin will be able to capitalise on, gaining an experience it will be possible to apply to passenger car tyres.
Articles in the same header
- Tyre manufacturers and football, a premier partnership
- Goodyear CityCube: a concept tyre for the Toyota i-TRIL
- Pirelli Connesso: an app that gives you the real-time status of your tyres
- The Pirelli P Zero: now available in colour
- IntelliGrip Urban: another concept tyre for Goodyear
- Eagle 360 Urban: the new version of Goodyear’s concept tyre
- Pirelli calendar: third time for Peter Lindbergh
- Urban Crossover: a prototype tyre for the Lexus UX concept
- Hankook Tire becomes a new sponsor of Real Madrid
- IntelliGrip: Goodyear’s proposal for the first autonomous vehicles