Michelin: a key advantage for the new Peugeot 308?
The new 308 is of paramount importance for Peugeot and the PSA group. In an economic environment that remains difficult for the French car manufacturer, the 308 needed tyres to match its commercial ambitions.
On the same topic
The PSA Group remains focused on becoming a profitable car manufacturer again. For Peugeot, the solution to the current crisis lies in a global product plan and new important additions for the brand. After the 208 and the 2008, the 308, which has just been unveiled, aims to compete head to head with the Volkswagen Golf on the European market.
To satisfy all versions of the new Peugeot 308, Michelin will provide two different tyres for four wheel sizes. A 308 with 15 and 16 inch wheels will fit the Michelin Energy Saver +, whereas more dynamic versions with 17 and 18 inch wheels, require the Michelin Pilot Sport 3.
It remains to be seen which tyre will fit the future 308R, which should represent the high performance sports car of the 308 range if Peugeot decide to market it. Presented at the Frankfurt Motor Show as a concept car, it produces 270 hp which is five more than the Renault Megane RS.
Articles in the same header
- Pirelli calendar: third time for Peter Lindbergh
- Urban Crossover: a prototype tyre for the Lexus UX concept
- Hankook Tire becomes a new sponsor of Real Madrid
- IntelliGrip: Goodyear’s proposal for the first autonomous vehicles
- Goodyear Eagle-360: when fiction becomes reality
- Goodyear TripleTube: no shortage of air for this three-in-one tyre
- The 2016 Pirelli calendar has arrived!
- The three stripes brand continues to adhere to Conti
- Toyota C-HR: connected by tyres
- Discover the first photos from the new 2015 Pirelli calendar