Continental ContiSilent: less noise but just as sporty
Like its competitor Pirelli, it is now Continental's turn to propose a compound capable of delivering high performance while reducing noise levels when driving.
On the same topic
Only a few weeks ago, the Italians at Pirelli presented special P-Zero tyres featuring the “Pirelli Noise Cancelling System” technology, capable of reducing rolling noise on high performance sports cars.
Continental appears to have adopted the same type of technology on new products since they too come with a system to reduce rolling noise and maintain ride comfort, even on high powered cars.
Equipped with the “ContiSilent” technology, Continental’s high performance tyre, the ContiSport Contact 5 can, for example, be fitted to the Audi RS6 Avant and the RS7 Sportback, just like its direct competitor Pirelli. The RS6 will be equipped with the 285/30 ZR 21 whereas the RS7 will get the 275/30 ZR 21 size.
ContiSilent type tyres employ a special technique that is implemented during the production process, where a coating is bonded to the inside of the tread, to effectively filter noise whatever the road surface. This system has no effect on tyre performance.
Articles in the same header
- Goodyear CityCube: a concept tyre for the Toyota i-TRIL
- Pirelli Connesso: an app that gives you the real-time status of your tyres
- The Pirelli P Zero: now available in colour
- IntelliGrip Urban: another concept tyre for Goodyear
- Eagle 360 Urban: the new version of Goodyear’s concept tyre
- Pirelli calendar: third time for Peter Lindbergh
- Urban Crossover: a prototype tyre for the Lexus UX concept
- Hankook Tire becomes a new sponsor of Real Madrid
- IntelliGrip: Goodyear’s proposal for the first autonomous vehicles
- Goodyear Eagle-360: when fiction becomes reality