Continental ContiSilent: less noise but just as sporty
Like its competitor Pirelli, it is now Continental's turn to propose a compound capable of delivering high performance while reducing noise levels when driving.
On the same topic
Only a few weeks ago, the Italians at Pirelli presented special P-Zero tyres featuring the “Pirelli Noise Cancelling System” technology, capable of reducing rolling noise on high performance sports cars.
Continental appears to have adopted the same type of technology on new products since they too come with a system to reduce rolling noise and maintain ride comfort, even on high powered cars.
Equipped with the “ContiSilent” technology, Continental’s high performance tyre, the ContiSport Contact 5 can, for example, be fitted to the Audi RS6 Avant and the RS7 Sportback, just like its direct competitor Pirelli. The RS6 will be equipped with the 285/30 ZR 21 whereas the RS7 will get the 275/30 ZR 21 size.
ContiSilent type tyres employ a special technique that is implemented during the production process, where a coating is bonded to the inside of the tread, to effectively filter noise whatever the road surface. This system has no effect on tyre performance.
Articles in the same header
- Urban Crossover: a prototype tyre for the Lexus UX concept
- Hankook Tire becomes a new sponsor of Real Madrid
- IntelliGrip: Goodyear’s proposal for the first autonomous vehicles
- Goodyear Eagle-360: when fiction becomes reality
- Goodyear TripleTube: no shortage of air for this three-in-one tyre
- The 2016 Pirelli calendar has arrived!
- The three stripes brand continues to adhere to Conti
- Toyota C-HR: connected by tyres
- Discover the first photos from the new 2015 Pirelli calendar
- Bridgestone is set to revolutionise the Runflat tyre