Bridgestone Ologic: tomorrow’s eco-friendly tyre?
At Bridgestone, work continues on the Ologic technology to develop a new generation of tyres, more environmentally friendly than ever before.
On the same topic
Narrower, more efficient
At a time when it is important to produce the most fuel efficient tyres, Bridgestone is developing a technology which should lead to a higher level of eco-friendliness. The “ologic” technology offers a complete rethink of tyre design. Imagine a tyre with a larger diameter and a much narrower tread width than a conventional tyre: This is more or less Ologic.
The tyre is narrower and the diameter is larger, therefore ideal to reduce the rolling resistance phenomenon and radically reduce fuel consumption .
Given its special appearance, tyre pressure is much higher and requires a special structure and different compounds.
Safer in rain
The radically different appearance offers another advantage; the tyre provides more grip on wet roads since the area in contact with the road is longer. With the Ologic technology, Bridgestone expects an 8% improvement in wet grip.
Once development is completed, Bridgestone’s ultimate goal is to adapt the Ologic technology to its entire range of economical tyres. We imagine that this type of tyre will be very suitable for hybrid and electric vehicles to be marketed in the coming months and years.
Articles in the same header
- Pirelli calendar: third time for Peter Lindbergh
- Urban Crossover: a prototype tyre for the Lexus UX concept
- Hankook Tire becomes a new sponsor of Real Madrid
- IntelliGrip: Goodyear’s proposal for the first autonomous vehicles
- Goodyear Eagle-360: when fiction becomes reality
- Goodyear TripleTube: no shortage of air for this three-in-one tyre
- The 2016 Pirelli calendar has arrived!
- The three stripes brand continues to adhere to Conti
- Toyota C-HR: connected by tyres
- Discover the first photos from the new 2015 Pirelli calendar