Bridgestone launches its Ologic tyre on the BMW i3
Bridgestone has launched an unusual looking tyre on the market. The BMW i3 is the first car model to inaugurate this interesting tyre technology.
On the same topic
Larger and narrower
A few months ago, we reviewed Bridgestone’s Ologic technology. The idea behind the technology is to develop a range of tyres with a somewhat radical appearance, designed to minimise fuel consumption, thanks to a special profile. The tyre has a larger diameter, but the tread is much narrower than that of a standard tyre. The principle is quite clearly to reduce the rolling resistance.
Fitted on the BMW i3
Tyre manufacturer Bridgestone is proud to count on BMW to launch this tyre, whose technology it qualifies as “revolutionary". The German car manufacturer has just presented its BMW i3: a city car with a futuristic look, featuring groundbreaking technology and fitted with an electric block (or an optional hybrid version) and a carbon fibre chassis. The new i3, which uses very narrow tyres, is the first series production vehicle to adopt the range of tyres Bridgestone has developed with the Ologic technology. The Ecopia EP500 is currently available in four sizes: 155/70 R19 84Q, 175/55 R20 85Q, 175/60 R19 86Q and 155/60 R20 80Q.
Note that two winter versions are also available, the Blizzak LM-500 and the Nordic Blizzak NV.
Articles in the same header
- Urban Crossover: a prototype tyre for the Lexus UX concept
- Hankook Tire becomes a new sponsor of Real Madrid
- IntelliGrip: Goodyear’s proposal for the first autonomous vehicles
- Goodyear Eagle-360: when fiction becomes reality
- Goodyear TripleTube: no shortage of air for this three-in-one tyre
- The 2016 Pirelli calendar has arrived!
- The three stripes brand continues to adhere to Conti
- Toyota C-HR: connected by tyres
- Discover the first photos from the new 2015 Pirelli calendar
- Bridgestone is set to revolutionise the Runflat tyre