At Geneva, Goodyear presents its double contact patch tyre
Goodyear did not miss its date with the Geneva Motor Show, presenting a unique tyre that may be marketed in the coming years.
On the same topic
A tyre in two parts
And yes, you’re not dreaming: Unlike a standard passenger car tyre, the tyre concept presented by Goodyear has two main parts on its profile, separated by a groove. As though there were two tyres alongside each other, except that here, there is only one tyre, specifically developed to have this profile. The purpose? Gain ground in a number of areas, among which safety and energy savings.
Reduced consumption, less aquaplaning
Articles in the same header
- Urban Crossover: a prototype tyre for the Lexus UX concept
- Hankook Tire becomes a new sponsor of Real Madrid
- IntelliGrip: Goodyear’s proposal for the first autonomous vehicles
- Goodyear Eagle-360: when fiction becomes reality
- Goodyear TripleTube: no shortage of air for this three-in-one tyre
- The 2016 Pirelli calendar has arrived!
- The three stripes brand continues to adhere to Conti
- Toyota C-HR: connected by tyres
- Discover the first photos from the new 2015 Pirelli calendar
- Bridgestone is set to revolutionise the Runflat tyre