What pressure in winter?
Tyre pressure decreases as the temperature drops, so add a few tenths of a bar to the figures specified by the manufacturer.
Checking tyre pressure is important for your safety as well as preventing premature tyre wear. This is why it is recommended to check tyre pressures once a month, in any season.
In winter, a small correction is required: The pressure decreases as the outside temperature drops (a hot gas expands and vice versa), therefore it is recommended you add 0.2 bar to the figure specified by the manufacturer.
The recommended pressure for your car
Find the pressure recommended by the manufacturer and other additional information on your car in our vehicles directory.
Articles in the same header
- Can you get away with only fitting winter tyres at the front ?
- Nordic, alpine, studded, all-season: choose the right tyres for winter
- Regulations for the use of winter tyres, snow chains and studded tyres in Europe
- Choosing your snow chains
- What are the differences between a winter tyre and a summer tyre?
- Snow tyre, winter tyre, studded tyre, chains: All car equipment to handle snow and cold weather
- ABS, ESP, ASR: Do driving aids help on snow?
- What is an all season tyre worth in winter?
- Are M+S tyres winter tyres?
- Snow tyres or winter tyres?