Are M+S tyres winter tyres?
Not necessarily. This name us also used on tyres for 4x4s and on all-season tyres. Only the 3PMSF symbol shows the winter capabilities of a tyre.
On the same topic
M+S marking on the sidewall means "Mud & Snow". All winter tyres carry this mark, but the reverse is not true. All tyres carrying this mark are not winter tyres.
It is known by the acronym 3PMSF (Three Peak Mountain Snow Flake).
Articles in the same header
- Can you get away with only fitting winter tyres at the front ?
- Nordic, alpine, studded, all-season: choose the right tyres for winter
- Regulations for the use of winter tyres, snow chains and studded tyres in Europe
- Choosing your snow chains
- What are the differences between a winter tyre and a summer tyre?
- Snow tyre, winter tyre, studded tyre, chains: All car equipment to handle snow and cold weather
- ABS, ESP, ASR: Do driving aids help on snow?
- What is an all season tyre worth in winter?
- Snow tyres or winter tyres?
- What is a Nordic tyre?