How to store your tyres between two seasons?
To increase the performance of tyres, it is important that your winter tyres and summer tyres are properly stored when changing season. A practical solution: entrust them with your dealer. Many dealers or tyre fitting centres offer this service.
On the same topic
Rubber doesn't age well: it hardens and cracks if it is not conserved properly. To store your tyres properly between two winters or two summers, you need two follow certain rules.
- Place them in a well-ventilated, dry and warm (10 to 25°C) place, away from direct sunlight and the weather.
- Ensure they are kept well away from chemical substances, solvents or hydrocarbons which may damage the rubber.
Storage on the rim
- - Do not store standing up
- + Hang up the tyre
- + Stack the tyres up
Storage off the rim
- - Do not stack
- - Do not hang
- + Store standing up
- + Turn the tyres every 4 weeks
If you don't have a place with the necessary conditions for storing your winter tyres or summer tyres properly, several tyre fitting centres offer a storage service.
Articles in the same header
- Heat wave: safety tips for your tyres
- After how many years should tyres be changed?
- How to measure tyre wear
- Spare wheel: don't forget the fifth wheel on the wagon!
- Check your tyres before you go on holiday
- How to identify abnormal wear
- Switch your tyres around at least once a year
- Changing tyres: what's forbidden, what's recommended
- When do I change my tyres?
- Tyre pressure: to be checked once a month