Bridgestone will officially present an AA-rated tyre at the Paris Motor Show
The tyre manufacturer will officially present the EP001S, the latest member of the fuel efficient Ecopia range, at the Paris Motor Show in September. This tyre will be rated AA, achieving the top label rating for fuel efficiency and wet grip.
On the same topic
Like other major tyre manufacturers, Bridgestone is positioning itself on European tyre labelling criteria. The Japanese manufacturer has announced that it will present an AA rated tyre at the forthcoming Paris Motor Show this September.
The tyre’s name - EP001S: EP for Ecopia, Bridgestone’s fuel efficient tyre range; 001 like the latest addition to the Turanza range, the T001.
Bridgestone Ecopia EP001S - New tyre label
• Energy efficiency (contribution to fuel consumption): A
• Wet grip: A
• External rolling noise: 69 db
The Ecopia EP001S uses NanoPro-Tech technology, just like the Turanza T001. This is a compound patented by Bridgestone that reconciles two conflicting performances: wet grip that normally requires more rubber friction on the road and fuel efficiency that depends on a lower rolling friction.
Articles in the same header
- Only 8% of drivers are aware of the three labelling criteria
- No AA-rated tyres before 2013
- Tyre labelling is now mandatory
- Tyre labelling outside Europe
- 80% of European drivers are in favour of tyre labelling
- Introduction of tyre labelling
- Dunlop unveil an AA-labelled sports tyre
- Goodyear presents its AA concept tyre
- 1 554 miles on a single tank of fuel: Ford and Continental set a new record
- Tyre labelling: How is tyre performance compared?