WRC: Michelin’s official return
Several days ago, we announced Michelin’s probable return to the next rally season. Bibendum has confirmed and signed up.
The news is just out; the International Automobile Federation (FIA) has accepted Michelin’s application to supply tyres for the world rally championships from the 2011 season.
This announcement coincides with a change in the rules, now allowing several manufacturers to participate in this championship, contrary to previous seasons when Pirelli was the sole supplier. The Italian brand will be leaving the championship at the end of the season to focus on Formula 1.
This is a new deal that should spice up the forthcoming WRC seasons.
Articles in the same header
- Sports tyres: our selection for 2014/2015
- Pirelli Pzero and Trofeo R: Rezulteo’s test
- Pirelli Trofeo R, the test on video
- The Le Mans 24 Hours: Michelin bring us as close as possible to the race
- Michelin sets a new record with the Seat Leon Cupra R at Nürburgring
- Pirelli: Formula 1 official tyre supplier for the next three years
- Apollo Tyres creates a spoiler for the Porsche 911 Turbo
- Michelin: supplier for the new Porsche Macan
- Michelin will develop special Le Mans tyres for the Nissan Zeod RC
- Testing the Mercedes SLS AMG GT3 - winner of the 2013 Nürburgring 24 Hours