WRC: Loeb and Ogier test Michelin tyres on the DS3 WRC
The 2011 world rally championship will be a turning point for Citroën. New challenges, new car and new tyres!
The teaming up of Loeb/Elena and the C4 WRC has been thrilling for several seasons. The crew’s record is historic and one can only admire the consistency with which this record has been brought about. 2011 should be much more talked about than previous seasons; one of the main reasons being the brand new DS3 WRC whose real level of performance we don’t know yet in comparison with the discontinued C4. Another reason is the growing strength of certain drivers, starting with Sébastien Ogier, who has proven that he is not be underestimated
Another important change is the new manufacturer. Pirelli retired from the championship to the benefit of Michelin who became official tyre-supplier to Citroën. These 2 French brands have already worked together, and you can bet the result will probably be spectacular.
The first round of the 2011 WRC championship takes place in Sweden February 13th.
In this video Sébastien Loeb gives his opinion on the DS3 WRC, saying it is a shorter car than C4. The change of manufacturer would change driving sensations, but S. Loeb is optimistic because he has worked with Michelin with some success in the past.
Sébastien Ogier gives a comment on car dimensions, indicating that the car is equipped with a mechanical transmission and is less powerful than the C4. But he explains that this car goes fast enought and requests to be more aggressive in terms of driving.
Articles in the same header
- Sports tyres: our selection for 2014/2015
- Pirelli Pzero and Trofeo R: Rezulteo’s test
- Pirelli Trofeo R, the test on video
- The Le Mans 24 Hours: Michelin bring us as close as possible to the race
- Michelin sets a new record with the Seat Leon Cupra R at Nürburgring
- Pirelli: Formula 1 official tyre supplier for the next three years
- Apollo Tyres creates a spoiler for the Porsche 911 Turbo
- Michelin: supplier for the new Porsche Macan
- Michelin will develop special Le Mans tyres for the Nissan Zeod RC
- Testing the Mercedes SLS AMG GT3 - winner of the 2013 Nürburgring 24 Hours