WRC: Ken Block tries out the Michelin X-Ice North studded tyres at Rally Sweden
In sporting terms, Rally Sweden has been quite simply exceptional. This is a great lead-in to the 2011 season that is shaping up to be full of come-backs and new discoveries. Ken Block in training mode is one example...
New rules, new cars, new tyres, new drivers. All the ingredients were there to turn the hierarchy on its head and throw up a few surprises. Like the emergence of driver Mads Ostberg, finishing in 2nd place behind Mikko Hirvonen. Jari-Matti Latvala finishing on the third step of the podium.
The partnership between Citröen DS4 and Michelin tyres shows enormous potential. They gained a 4th place for Sébastien Ogier and a 6th place for Sébastien Loeb, who struggled with difficult conditions and found it hard to hold the road on the first day. In any case, the partnership clocked up 4 of the best successive times during the second day, proving that it remains the top performer purely in terms of speed.
On the other hand, the king of the Gymkana, Ken Block was discovering the winter conditions and Michelin X-Ice North studded tyres. An undertaking in which getting to the finish line was the main objective. He finished in 14th place in the overall classification.
Articles in the same header
- Sports tyres: our selection for 2014/2015
- Pirelli Pzero and Trofeo R: Rezulteo’s test
- Pirelli Trofeo R, the test on video
- The Le Mans 24 Hours: Michelin bring us as close as possible to the race
- Michelin sets a new record with the Seat Leon Cupra R at Nürburgring
- Pirelli: Formula 1 official tyre supplier for the next three years
- Apollo Tyres creates a spoiler for the Porsche 911 Turbo
- Michelin: supplier for the new Porsche Macan
- Michelin will develop special Le Mans tyres for the Nissan Zeod RC
- Testing the Mercedes SLS AMG GT3 - winner of the 2013 Nürburgring 24 Hours