Video: Monster Tajima and the Falken Team at Pikes Peak
Pikes Peak is the most extreme hill race in the world. “Monster Tajima" has dominated the race for 5 successive years at the wheel of a Suzuki shod with Falken tyres.
On the same topic
156 bends, 19.93 km long, a 1440 meter climb, alternating paved and gravel roads, not to mention changing weather conditions…. Evidently, Pikes Peak is a racing course unlike any other.
For several years now, Tajima has been the undisputed champion of the race, dominating it single-handedly and holding the world record.
As we wait for the 2011 edition, which will take place on June 26th, here is a video showing the Japanese driver’s performance behind the wheel of his 1190 kg, twin-turbo V6 897 HP Suzuki SX4.
This thoroughbred is shod by Falken Wildpeak A/T tyres that are developed specifically for the demands placed on them by such a powerful vehicle, and also for the specific demands of this unique race.
Articles in the same header
- Sports tyres: our selection for 2014/2015
- Pirelli Pzero and Trofeo R: Rezulteo’s test
- Pirelli Trofeo R, the test on video
- The Le Mans 24 Hours: Michelin bring us as close as possible to the race
- Michelin sets a new record with the Seat Leon Cupra R at Nürburgring
- Pirelli: Formula 1 official tyre supplier for the next three years
- Apollo Tyres creates a spoiler for the Porsche 911 Turbo
- Michelin: supplier for the new Porsche Macan
- Michelin will develop special Le Mans tyres for the Nissan Zeod RC
- Testing the Mercedes SLS AMG GT3 - winner of the 2013 Nürburgring 24 Hours