The Michelin Pilot Super Sport tyre approved for the Ferrari FF
The FF was one of the symbols of the 2011 Geneva Motor Show. It was a historical moment when Ferrari unveiled the brand’s first 4-wheel-drive vehicle. Its affiliation with the fastest standard tyre in the world therefore comes as no surprise.
The Ferrari FF is blazing quite a trail with its ‘shooting brake’ design, its 4 seats and its V12 engine with 660 horsepower. The fact that it positions itself as a radical sports car but also for everyday use means that it needs very high-performing tyres that offer excellent versatility. These are specifications that the Michelin Pilot Super Sport meets, as confirmed by its official approval for this sporty Italian car.
The FF also benefits from all the new technology in the Michelin Pilot Super Sport, such as the Twaron belt, the Bi-Compound tread or the variable Contact Patch 2.0 for flawless control in all circumstances.
Ferrari and Michelin have already been working together for many years, to jointly develop the Italian cars’ axles. The best example of this is the Ferrari 599 GTO.
To learn more about extreme performance tyres, feel free to consult these articles:
The Ferrari FF is fitted with 245/35 ZR 20 on the front axle, and 295/45 ZR 20 on the rear axle.
Articles in the same header
- Sports tyres: our selection for 2014/2015
- Pirelli Pzero and Trofeo R: Rezulteo’s test
- Pirelli Trofeo R, the test on video
- The Le Mans 24 Hours: Michelin bring us as close as possible to the race
- Michelin sets a new record with the Seat Leon Cupra R at Nürburgring
- Pirelli: Formula 1 official tyre supplier for the next three years
- Apollo Tyres creates a spoiler for the Porsche 911 Turbo
- Michelin: supplier for the new Porsche Macan
- Michelin will develop special Le Mans tyres for the Nissan Zeod RC
- Testing the Mercedes SLS AMG GT3 - winner of the 2013 Nürburgring 24 Hours