The Citroën DS3 Racing fitted with Bridgestone Potenza RE050A tyres
In the powerful city car category, the Citroën DS3 was awaited with baited breath. Its chassis developed by the driver Philippe Bugalski is now the reference, offering impressive efficiency. To complete its drive train, this explosive little car sits on Bridgestone RE050A tyres.
Opel Corsa OPC, Clio 3 RS Phase 2, Mini Cooper John Cooper Works…. The hot hatch category has never been so well endowed. Consumers are no longer content with demonstrative mechanics. They also want a chassis that can escape around a track at the weekend, a nice body and just an ounce of versatility. The DS3 Racing meets all these requirements, offering perfectly controlled sportiness, and a bit more controlled than its catchy exterior suggests.
Under the bonnet is the 1.6l Turbo THP delivering a cavalry of 200 horsepower. Quite a respectable value when seen in relation to the car's size.
Sports models by Peugeot/Citroën have always been cited as an example for their dynamic qualities. The DS3 Racing is no exception with exceptionally stiff shock absorbers and irreproachable precision.
For ground contact, the car sits on Bridgestone Potenza RE050A tyres. An asymmetric tyre chosen for its versatility, and the compromise offered between sportiness and safety.
This is a combination that makes sparks, as underlined by the French magazine Sport Auto: "… The standard Bridgestone Potenza RE050A tyres offer a magic compound that makes the ESP almost useless".
And it impressed the British journalist from Car Magazine who tested the car in the rain: "The Citroën DS3 Racing seems oblivious to it all. The Bridgestone Potenza cuts through the water and delivers outstanding lateral grip".
The Citroën DS3 Racing is fitted with 215/40R18.
Articles in the same header
- Sports tyres: our selection for 2014/2015
- Pirelli Pzero and Trofeo R: Rezulteo’s test
- Pirelli Trofeo R, the test on video
- The Le Mans 24 Hours: Michelin bring us as close as possible to the race
- Michelin sets a new record with the Seat Leon Cupra R at Nürburgring
- Pirelli: Formula 1 official tyre supplier for the next three years
- Apollo Tyres creates a spoiler for the Porsche 911 Turbo
- Michelin: supplier for the new Porsche Macan
- Michelin will develop special Le Mans tyres for the Nissan Zeod RC
- Testing the Mercedes SLS AMG GT3 - winner of the 2013 Nürburgring 24 Hours