Pirelli Trofeo R, the test on video
The Trofeo R is the most extreme tyre in Pirelli’s line up. Discover Anthony Beltoise testing it as part of the P Zero Experience on the Magny Cours race track, and by Chris Harris on the Portimao race track.
Like the Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2, the Toyo R888 or the Yokohama A048, the P Zero Trofeo R is a radical sport tyre approved for road use. Designed for drivers looking for a tyre that reacts with precision, it is highly recommended for track days.
To assess its potential in terms of grip and pure efficiency, here are 2 videos taken at the track:
- The first video was filmed at a P Zero Experience day on the Magny-Cours race track. Behind the wheel of an Audi TTS (310 hp), the driver Anthony Beltoise compared the P Zero with the Trofeo R.
- The second video filmed at Portimao, the Portugese race track stars the famous British journalist, Chris Harris. Behind the wheel of a Megane RS Trophy-R (275 hp) and a Porsche 911 type 991 GT3 (475 hp), he put in some timed laps to compare the Trofeo R with tyres fitted to these sports cars as original equipment.
Articles in the same header
- Sports tyres: our selection for 2014/2015
- Pirelli Pzero and Trofeo R: Rezulteo’s test
- The Le Mans 24 Hours: Michelin bring us as close as possible to the race
- Michelin sets a new record with the Seat Leon Cupra R at Nürburgring
- Pirelli: Formula 1 official tyre supplier for the next three years
- Apollo Tyres creates a spoiler for the Porsche 911 Turbo
- Michelin: supplier for the new Porsche Macan
- Michelin will develop special Le Mans tyres for the Nissan Zeod RC
- Testing the Mercedes SLS AMG GT3 - winner of the 2013 Nürburgring 24 Hours
- Michelin wants to improve the Porsche Carrera GT’s performance with the N0