Pikes Peak 2013: Michelin to equip Sebastian Loeb’s Peugeot 208 T16
On June 30th, multiple world rally champion Sebastien Loeb will race Colorado’s Pikes Peak, climbing to an altitude of 4,300 metres behind the wheel of a specially built Peugeot 208 T16. To provide grip for this powerful beast (875 hp for 875 kg), Michelin, who are familiar with the legendary hill climb, has designed super-wide slick tyres for Peugeot Sport.
On the same topic
Shocked by the sudden stop of the 908 programme, the Peugeot Sport team has been looking for a new challenge in line with a drastically reduced budget. Unable to enter a championship, the team needed a prestigious race to demonstrate its enthusiasm and expertise. A name quickly emerged: Pikes Peak, the legendary hill climb, where Ari Vatanen raced to victory in 1988 behind the wheel of a 405 T16.
The legendary hill race
875 horsepower for 875 kg
Sebastien Loeb takes on the challenge with Peugeot and Michelin
Dress rehearsal at Mont Ventoux (France)
A race with a foregone conclusion? Answer on 30th June
Despite such performance advantages, victory is not guaranteed. The champion, who takes part in the race for the first time, will confront rivals who know the race well, particularly the Frenchmen Jean-Philippe Dayraut (Mini) and Romain Dumas (Norma). Sebastien Loeb is playing it modest, but the Peugeot Sport team fervently believes he can win. The bets are open. Join us on 30th June.
For more information
Articles in the same header
- Sports tyres: our selection for 2014/2015
- Pirelli Pzero and Trofeo R: Rezulteo’s test
- Pirelli Trofeo R, the test on video
- The Le Mans 24 Hours: Michelin bring us as close as possible to the race
- Michelin sets a new record with the Seat Leon Cupra R at Nürburgring
- Pirelli: Formula 1 official tyre supplier for the next three years
- Apollo Tyres creates a spoiler for the Porsche 911 Turbo
- Michelin: supplier for the new Porsche Macan
- Michelin will develop special Le Mans tyres for the Nissan Zeod RC
- Testing the Mercedes SLS AMG GT3 - winner of the 2013 Nürburgring 24 Hours