Michelin wants to improve the Porsche Carrera GT’s performance with the N0
Porsche is preparing to launch the 918 Spyder which will be the most powerful car in the brand’s history. But Michelin are also focusing on its precursor, the Carrera GT.
On the same topic
The French tyre manufacture enjoys a special partnership with Porsche. Indeed, Michelin equips many of the German manufacturer’s new cars, but also works on models that no longer appear in the catalogue!
Do you remember the Carrera GT?
Launched in 2003, this supercar was up against cars such as the Ferrari Enzo and the Mercedes SLR. Today, it is to get a new set of Michelin tyres to improve its overall performance. Indeed, Michelin has developed the N0 which will replace the current Pilot Sport PS2 tyre on the Carrera GT.
Available in 265/35 ZR 19Y N0 and 335/30 ZR 20 108Y sizes (catalogue price from 434 to 591Euros), Michelin says that compared with the previous tyre, mileage is by up to 10% on roads and 20% on the track thanks to a new tyre structure that combines several types of rubber. The Carrera GT will also gain in stability, a good way to produce faster lap times.
Note that the Porsche Carrera GT comes with a V10 atmospheric engine that develops 612 hp and can reach a top speed of 334 km/h.
Articles in the same header
- Sports tyres: our selection for 2014/2015
- Pirelli Pzero and Trofeo R: Rezulteo’s test
- Pirelli Trofeo R, the test on video
- The Le Mans 24 Hours: Michelin bring us as close as possible to the race
- Michelin sets a new record with the Seat Leon Cupra R at Nürburgring
- Pirelli: Formula 1 official tyre supplier for the next three years
- Apollo Tyres creates a spoiler for the Porsche 911 Turbo
- Michelin: supplier for the new Porsche Macan
- Michelin will develop special Le Mans tyres for the Nissan Zeod RC
- Testing the Mercedes SLS AMG GT3 - winner of the 2013 Nürburgring 24 Hours