Michelin sets a new record with the Seat Leon Cupra R at Nürburgring
After its record with the Porsche 918 Spyder, the new Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 breaks another record with the Seat Leon Cupra R on the Nordschleife.
On the same topic
Land of records
When you are a sports car manufacturer and you want to prove the value of your models, the large track at Nürburgring is a popular choice. By using the lap time scale and admitting that most new sports models come to Nürburgring, this provides a fairly precise ranking of the parties involved. As such, Porsche came to Nürburgring a few months ago with its new supercar, the 918 Spyder, with the firm intention of beating the lap record for a production car. And Porsche was largely successful, with a lap time of 6 minutes and 57 seconds. Never before has a production sports car managed to complete a lap of the Nordschleife as fast. And, it was with Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 tyres.
Seat Leon Cupra R, Nürburgring’s new all wheel drive queen
Articles in the same header
- Tyre manufacturers in motorsport: who does what?
- Sports tyres: our selection for 2014/2015
- Pirelli Pzero and Trofeo R: Rezulteo’s test
- Pirelli Trofeo R, the test on video
- The Le Mans 24 Hours: Michelin bring us as close as possible to the race
- Pirelli: Formula 1 official tyre supplier for the next three years
- Apollo Tyres creates a spoiler for the Porsche 911 Turbo
- Michelin: supplier for the new Porsche Macan
- Michelin will develop special Le Mans tyres for the Nissan Zeod RC
- Testing the Mercedes SLS AMG GT3 - winner of the 2013 Nürburgring 24 Hours