Korean manufacturers in Formula 1?
Rumours abound. Following the announcement of Bridgestone's withdrawal from Formula1, the two Korean manufacturers, Kumho and Hankook have indicated their interest in taking on the role of official supplier to Formula1.
Both brands would like to try their hand at it but are still hesitating to join the ranks of Formula1, given the costs and the return on their image, which they deem insufficient still. On their part, the managers of Formula1 seem to prefer maintaining Bridgestone and envisage changing some rules, such as reducing the number of tyre sets allocated to each Grand Prix. This modification would substantially reduce the annual expenses of Bridgestone in Formule1, whose budget is estimated at 100 million Euros.
Articles in the same header
- Sports tyres: our selection for 2014/2015
- Pirelli Pzero and Trofeo R: Rezulteo’s test
- Pirelli Trofeo R, the test on video
- The Le Mans 24 Hours: Michelin bring us as close as possible to the race
- Michelin sets a new record with the Seat Leon Cupra R at Nürburgring
- Pirelli: Formula 1 official tyre supplier for the next three years
- Apollo Tyres creates a spoiler for the Porsche 911 Turbo
- Michelin: supplier for the new Porsche Macan
- Michelin will develop special Le Mans tyres for the Nissan Zeod RC
- Testing the Mercedes SLS AMG GT3 - winner of the 2013 Nürburgring 24 Hours