Formula1: consensus reached
Formula1 teams have approved the change in rules that will force the first ten drivers on the starting grid to have the same tyres for the start of the race as for the last qualifying laps.
This new clause should make the qualifications more strategic and enhance overtaking possibilities during the race. The F1 Commission has also approved a reduction in the number of dry tyres allocated to each team, from 14 to 11.
Articles in the same header
- Tyre manufacturers in motorsport: who does what?
- Sports tyres: our selection for 2014/2015
- Pirelli Pzero and Trofeo R: Rezulteo’s test
- Pirelli Trofeo R, the test on video
- The Le Mans 24 Hours: Michelin bring us as close as possible to the race
- Michelin sets a new record with the Seat Leon Cupra R at Nürburgring
- Pirelli: Formula 1 official tyre supplier for the next three years
- Apollo Tyres creates a spoiler for the Porsche 911 Turbo
- Michelin: supplier for the new Porsche Macan
- Michelin will develop special Le Mans tyres for the Nissan Zeod RC