Formula 1: Romain Grosjean says Pirelli has improved
Pirelli was doing its final trials of the year on the Sakhir track in Bahrain last week. Sébastien Grosjean, the driver rushed there for the occasion, declares that the Italian manufacturer has improved.
On the same topic
The deadline is looming for Pirelli and this trial has a very specific goal: "The programme was varied, with short and long runs, with the aim of understanding the behaviour of the compounds", said the Franco-Swiss driver.
The last trials took place in September, and according to him, the progress is notable: "in Bahrain, I immediately sensed an improvement compared to the tyres I was using at Monza".
This declaration to the overall satisfaction of drivers, confirms that the difference with Bridgestone tyres should be minimal. Verdict on 13 March 2011 for the first grand prix of the championships on the Bahrain track.
>> F1: drivers happy with Pirelli tyres
>> Formula 1: Bridgestone gets the John Bolster Award
Articles in the same header
- Sports tyres: our selection for 2014/2015
- Pirelli Pzero and Trofeo R: Rezulteo’s test
- Pirelli Trofeo R, the test on video
- The Le Mans 24 Hours: Michelin bring us as close as possible to the race
- Michelin sets a new record with the Seat Leon Cupra R at Nürburgring
- Pirelli: Formula 1 official tyre supplier for the next three years
- Apollo Tyres creates a spoiler for the Porsche 911 Turbo
- Michelin: supplier for the new Porsche Macan
- Michelin will develop special Le Mans tyres for the Nissan Zeod RC
- Testing the Mercedes SLS AMG GT3 - winner of the 2013 Nürburgring 24 Hours