Formula 1: Pirelli presents the tyres selected for the first 4 Grand Prix
As was expected, the super-soft and medium tyres won’t be available during the first 4 Grand Prix. Pirelli opted for the hard and soft tyres.
On the same topic
During the first 4 races (Bahrain, Australia, Malaysia and China) the teams will be using hard tyres as the Prime tyre and the soft tyres as the Option.
Pirelli defended their decision citing the specific characteristics of these race tracks: “This decision was made in accordance with the track characteristics in the Middle and Far East, which offer high grip and a wide variety of speeds and corners, as well as ambient and track temperatures that are likely to be high”.
The other 2 types of tyre (super-soft and medium) could benefit from extra technical development in response to certain drivers’ comments.
Articles in the same header
- Sports tyres: our selection for 2014/2015
- Pirelli Pzero and Trofeo R: Rezulteo’s test
- Pirelli Trofeo R, the test on video
- The Le Mans 24 Hours: Michelin bring us as close as possible to the race
- Michelin sets a new record with the Seat Leon Cupra R at Nürburgring
- Pirelli: Formula 1 official tyre supplier for the next three years
- Apollo Tyres creates a spoiler for the Porsche 911 Turbo
- Michelin: supplier for the new Porsche Macan
- Michelin will develop special Le Mans tyres for the Nissan Zeod RC
- Testing the Mercedes SLS AMG GT3 - winner of the 2013 Nürburgring 24 Hours