Formula 1: Bridgestone receives the John Bolster Award
The 2010 Autosport Awards were held on 5th December. On this occasion, the tyre maker Bridgestone received the "John Bolster Award for technical achievement". A trophy awarded for the work done by the brand during its years of presence in Formula 1.
Hiroshi Yasukawa, director of Motorsport tyre development, was visibly moved on receiving the trophy from the hands of Christian Horner, head of the Red Bull Racing Team:
"I am greatly honoured to receive this award on behalf of Bridgestone Corporation. When I first joined Bridgestone in 1972, it was my greatest desire to see Bridgestone become a technical leader through the field of motorsport and for us to become an internationally respected and well-known brand around the globe. On behalf of Bridgestone, I would like to thank the motor racing community for recognising our passion for technical excellence and our desire to ensure that we provide tyres which were safe as well as performing at the pinnacle of motor racing. We would also like to thank the many individuals, teams and companies who have supported our motor racing activities. Without them, we could not have achieved our goals".
Articles in the same header
- Sports tyres: our selection for 2014/2015
- Pirelli Pzero and Trofeo R: Rezulteo’s test
- Pirelli Trofeo R, the test on video
- The Le Mans 24 Hours: Michelin bring us as close as possible to the race
- Michelin sets a new record with the Seat Leon Cupra R at Nürburgring
- Pirelli: Formula 1 official tyre supplier for the next three years
- Apollo Tyres creates a spoiler for the Porsche 911 Turbo
- Michelin: supplier for the new Porsche Macan
- Michelin will develop special Le Mans tyres for the Nissan Zeod RC
- Testing the Mercedes SLS AMG GT3 - winner of the 2013 Nürburgring 24 Hours