F1 – Singapore Grand Prix: A spectacular race
Announced as a difficult race, the Singapore Grand Prix lived up to expectations. On-track battles, overtaking, and turnarounds: All the ingredients were there for a spectacular race. Let’s look back on a race where tyres played a key role.
On the same topic
Paul Hembery is happy: Once again, the Pirelli tyres put on a superb performance. “This was one of the most complicated races strategy-wise” said Pirelli’s motorsport director. "We saw a wide variety of tactics employed by all the teams.” Indeed, the difference of around 1 second per lap between soft tyres and supersoft tyres resulted in an awesome race and many overtaking opportunities.
Once again, Sebastian Vettel came out on top. With a first class strategy, the young champion drove a fantastic race, perfectly managing his tyres. Vettel, is now within one point of winning the world championship.
Other race highlights include the on-track incident between Hamilton and Massa which ended with a heated post race exchange between the drivers caught on camera. Neither did the impressively controlled race driven by Force India’s Paul di Resta go unnoticed. Unlike most drivers, the young Scot started the race with soft tyres, coming in after 19 laps to switch to supersoft tyres. 10 laps later he came in for his second stop finishing the race on soft tyres. The first of the two-stop drivers, this winning strategy secured Paul di Resta the best result of his career with him finishing sixth.
Articles in the same header
- Sports tyres: our selection for 2014/2015
- Pirelli Pzero and Trofeo R: Rezulteo’s test
- Pirelli Trofeo R, the test on video
- The Le Mans 24 Hours: Michelin bring us as close as possible to the race
- Michelin sets a new record with the Seat Leon Cupra R at Nürburgring
- Pirelli: Formula 1 official tyre supplier for the next three years
- Apollo Tyres creates a spoiler for the Porsche 911 Turbo
- Michelin: supplier for the new Porsche Macan
- Michelin will develop special Le Mans tyres for the Nissan Zeod RC
- Testing the Mercedes SLS AMG GT3 - winner of the 2013 Nürburgring 24 Hours