F1: Pirelli develops its medium tyres
Everyone is watching Pirelli attentively. For a few days, intense exchanges have been underway between the tyre maker, drivers and teams to finalise the tyres for the 2011 season. The goal is to produce tyres able to satisfy the whole paddock.
For the second part of the winter trials, Pirelli went to Jerez with the various teams to test 4 types of tyre: super soft, soft, medium and hard.
The mediums were the centre of attention as declared Paul Hembery, head of Pirelli Motorsport: "The changes we wanted made to the medium tyres are not significant, but they are another small step in the development of our Pzero tyre, which as we have already seen, should make for a better show in the forthcoming season".
Not forgetting the collaborative nature of this development: "The four days in Jerez will enable the teams to get used to our tyres on a track with different characteristics in order to explore other aspects of their performance".
Articles in the same header
- Michelin’s Pilot Sport Cup 2 to exclusively equip the SLS AMG Coupe Black Series
- Pirelli equips the Lamborghini Aventador LP-700-4 Roadster with specially designed PZero tyres
- The new Maserati Quattroporte shod with Dunlop’s Sport Maxx RT tyres
- Paris Motor Show 2012: Match between the Renault Clio 4 RS/Dunlop and the Peugeot 208 GTi/Michelin
- Paris Motor Show 2012: Mini John Cooper Works GP fitted with Kumho semi-slicks
- Behind the scenes with German tuner Wiesmann
- Le Mans 24 Hours: 15th consecutive victory for Michelin
- Nürburgring 24 Hours: Porsche and Michelin, a powerful combination
- 4 questions for Philippe Mussati, Manager of Michelin’s Customer Competition Department
- Nürburgring 24 Hours: The race