F1: Pirelli develops its medium tyres
Everyone is watching Pirelli attentively. For a few days, intense exchanges have been underway between the tyre maker, drivers and teams to finalise the tyres for the 2011 season. The goal is to produce tyres able to satisfy the whole paddock.
For the second part of the winter trials, Pirelli went to Jerez with the various teams to test 4 types of tyre: super soft, soft, medium and hard.
The mediums were the centre of attention as declared Paul Hembery, head of Pirelli Motorsport: "The changes we wanted made to the medium tyres are not significant, but they are another small step in the development of our Pzero tyre, which as we have already seen, should make for a better show in the forthcoming season".
Not forgetting the collaborative nature of this development: "The four days in Jerez will enable the teams to get used to our tyres on a track with different characteristics in order to explore other aspects of their performance".
Articles in the same header
- Tyre manufacturers in motorsport: who does what?
- Sports tyres: our selection for 2014/2015
- Pirelli Pzero and Trofeo R: Rezulteo’s test
- Pirelli Trofeo R, the test on video
- The Le Mans 24 Hours: Michelin bring us as close as possible to the race
- Michelin sets a new record with the Seat Leon Cupra R at Nürburgring
- Pirelli: Formula 1 official tyre supplier for the next three years
- Apollo Tyres creates a spoiler for the Porsche 911 Turbo
- Michelin: supplier for the new Porsche Macan
- Michelin will develop special Le Mans tyres for the Nissan Zeod RC