Cooper Tire aims for a podium at the 2011 Dakar
For the 2011 Dakar, Cooper Tire is entering with 2 vehicles in the colours of the manufacturer. The aim is the highest step on the T2 diesel category podium.
All hopes are on the Spanish driver Javier Foj and his co-driver Pablo Jaton who, in their Toyota Land Cruiser KXR will attempt to win the T2 diesel category, after finishing second in the 2010 edition (16th place in the general rankings).
They will be accompanied by a second team (Jesus Calleja and Ignacia Santamaria) for support during this 9000 kilometre rally, as highlighted by J. Foj "In 2011 we'll have a co-member with us. This will be very precious, in case of a problem with one of our cars, the second will be able to help. Competing alone was one of the hardest things to overcome in the previous edition".
To get through the hostile terrain of South America, the 4x4s will be fitted with Cooper Discover STT tyres.
Articles in the same header
- Sports tyres: our selection for 2014/2015
- Pirelli Pzero and Trofeo R: Rezulteo’s test
- Pirelli Trofeo R, the test on video
- The Le Mans 24 Hours: Michelin bring us as close as possible to the race
- Michelin sets a new record with the Seat Leon Cupra R at Nürburgring
- Pirelli: Formula 1 official tyre supplier for the next three years
- Apollo Tyres creates a spoiler for the Porsche 911 Turbo
- Michelin: supplier for the new Porsche Macan
- Michelin will develop special Le Mans tyres for the Nissan Zeod RC
- Testing the Mercedes SLS AMG GT3 - winner of the 2013 Nürburgring 24 Hours