Michelin sponsors the planet’s most fabulous supercars at the Goodwood Festival of Speed.
Rezulteo took part in the 20th Speed Festival recently held at Goodwood, in the south of England. A long standing partner of the festival, Michelin sponsored the Supercar Run, an exhibition race that brings together exceptional supercars: McLaren MP4 12C GT Sprint, GTA Spano, Spyker, Jaguar Project 7…
On the same topic
Held early summer in the south of England, the Goodwood Festival of Speed (Goodwood Festival of Speed) is a motoring event that remains unique in the world. One distinctive feature is the race is held in the grounds of Lord March, heir apparent of the 10th Duke of Richmond and President of the British Automobile Racing Club. Each year the festival attracts more than 150 000 visitors. Visitors come to take a leisurely stroll around manufacturers’ stands and above all, take in the various shows organised during the weekend: Hill climb, forest rally and even an air display!
Video presentation of the 20th Goodwood Speed Festival
Where the Goodwood Festival of Speed is different from other motorsport gatherings, is in its diversity and the quality of its surroundings. During three days, the hill climb (9 corners over 1.16 miles) brings together cars that reflect the history of motorsport. Supercars from all ages and all events are put through their paces by well known drivers: Damon Hill, Nelson Piquet, Jenson Button, Allan McNish, Henri Pescarolo…
Long standing partner of the Speed Festival, Michelin sponsored one of the weekend’s star attractions: The supercar paddock. On another large stand, the tyre manufacturer focused on its commitment to motorsport racing.
The supercar paddock: 40 exceptional supercars
The supercar paddock brought together forty of the planet’s most incredible supercars: McLaren MP4 12C GT Sprint, GTA Spano, Spyker, Jaguar Project 7… During the weekend, an exhibition run gave visitors the chance to see them race up the hill climb.
The Michelin stand: A tribute to their passion for motorsports
A technology showcase to discover the brand’s sports and racing tyres, the Michelin stand offered a fine illustration of the prestigious partnerships it has forged in the universe associated with the passion for automobiles.
- Racing: With a Formula 1 affirming Michelin’s commitment to this supreme discipline (from 1977 to 1984 and 2001 to 2006). A way to fuel rumours on a possible return to F1?
- High performance: With a McLaren MP412C Spider illustrating Michelin’s undisputed presence in the supercar world. The McLaren was fitted with Michelin Pilot Super Sport tyres (245/30R 20 and 305/25 r21).
- Customisation: With an Audi R8 V10 biturbo prepared by MTM specialists and fitted with Michelin Sport Cup tyres (245/30ZR 20 and 325/25ZR 20).
For more information>> All photos of the Goodwood Speed Festival 2013
Articles in the same header
- Pirelli equips the new Ferrari, McLaren and Lamborghini at the Geneva Motor Show
- Come and join us on Facebook!
- Le Mans 24 Hours: a video to live the race from the inside
- Chinese tyres: Investigation into the brands present at the Essen tyre show
- Michelin unveils the Energy Saver + at the Reifen Essen Exhibition
- Tyres glorify the Frankfurt Motor Show stars
- Geneva Motor Show: Continental on the top step of the podium
- Geneva Motor Show: loads of new tyres
- The 3 most impressive vehicles at the Moscow Motor Show
- Russian dolls at the Moscow Motor Show