Geneva Motor Show: loads of new tyres
More numerous than at Paris, tyre manufacturers flocked to the Geneva Motor Show to show off their know-how in ecological tyres and present a few new ideas. Among them, the Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymetric, a highly awaited sports tyre, the Vredestein QuadracLite, an all-season green tyre, and numerous models of winter tyres.
On the same topic
Manufacturers have not shunned the Geneva Motor Show. A good half dozen of them travelled to this annual automobile festival. Obviously the major brands were there: Continental, Bridgestone, Pirelli, Goodyear and Dunlop. But also to be noted was the presence of emerging brands like Yokohama or Vredestein.
A point in common on all stands: the importance of communication on measures designed to reduce the ecological impact of the tyre at all stages in its lifecycle. From the manufacturing process to recycling of used tyres, via reduced rolling resistance and increased longevity.
Each brand kept their exclusives for visitors to the show – tyres soon to be launched on the market. And here are some of the most interesting models.
Eagle F1 Asymetric 2 : highly awaited by sports drivers, this tyre will replace a product that has had a distinguished career. The most noted evolution is the use of technology to reduce braking distances.
Ultragrip 8: this winter tyre was developed with energy efficiency in mind.
SP Winter Sport 4D: previewed at the show, this tyre will be replacing the Winter Sport 3D.
Blizzak WS70 : this new multicell winter tyre combines high performance low noise.
Blizzak LM-32 : this tyre was developed to offer excellent handling on wet roads and on snow.
A001 Weather Control: this all-season tyre was designed for temperate European climates and mild, wet winters.
Half Weight: this prototype aims to reduce the tyre's weight to enhance its energy efficiency.
Snowcontrol Serie 3: previewed worldwide, this tyre aims at becoming a new reference in the range of winter tyres.
QuadracLite: this is the first all-season green tyre on the market.
BlueEarth: this 100% environmentally-friendly tyre is a measure of the brand's new strategy.
Articles in the same header
- Pirelli equips the new Ferrari, McLaren and Lamborghini at the Geneva Motor Show
- Come and join us on Facebook!
- Le Mans 24 Hours: a video to live the race from the inside
- Michelin sponsors the planet’s most fabulous supercars at the Goodwood Festival of Speed.
- Chinese tyres: Investigation into the brands present at the Essen tyre show
- Michelin unveils the Energy Saver + at the Reifen Essen Exhibition
- Tyres glorify the Frankfurt Motor Show stars
- Geneva Motor Show: Continental on the top step of the podium
- The 3 most impressive vehicles at the Moscow Motor Show
- Russian dolls at the Moscow Motor Show