Winter tyres for sports cars
With a high power/weight ratio, a sports car of the type GT or Super Car more than most need safe and efficient tyres on winter surfaces. To meet the specific features of this type of car, manufacturers have developed high-performance winter tyres. A selection by rezulteo.
On the same topic
Tyres for sports cars offer remarkable performance on dry and temperate surfaces. However, on cold, wet surfaces, they become quite mediocre. For this reason, it is essential to fit special winter tyres to this type of car.
These high-performance winter tyres must provide irreproachable handling both in traction, to prevent slipping on acceleration, and in braking on wet, snow-covered and icy roads. At the same time, they must ensure acceptable handling in the dry. A real challenge!
Perfectly controlled braking
This type of tyre features very stiff central tread blocks and high density siping. Such configuration limits the deformation of the tyre and increases the number of contact edges, which enhances grip.
High-performance winter tyres also have several central circumferential grooves used to rapidly evacuate water and slush.
Traction performances are linked to the stiffness of the shoulder blocks and the number of sipes in the tread. High-density siping thus provides good traction in the snow.
Most high-performance winter tyres have an asymmetrical tread pattern, synonymous with optimal efficiency in all driving situations.
A selection by rezulteo
- Michelin Pilot Michelin Pilot Alpin PA4
- Continental ContiWinterContact TS 830 P
- Dunlop SP Winter Sport 4D
- Pirelli Winter 240 Sottozero serie II
- Goodyear Ultragrip 8 Performance
- Bridgestone Blizzak LM32
>> Driving a sports car well in the winter.
Articles in the same header
- Rezulteo’s test: Are Pirelli’s winter tyres compatible with high performance vehicles?
- Winter tyre : can one drive with in Summer
- Summer tyres versus winter tyres: comparing acceleration on the snow
- Dunlop Winter Sport 5, a new winter sports tyre
- The top best all season tyres for 2015 / 2016
- A tyre that changes colour when it’s time to switch to winter tyres
- The top best winter tyres for 2015/2016
- Top 8 best winter tyres for 2014/2015
- 10 things to know about winter tyres
- Nokian invents a winter tyre with retractable studs