Summer tyres versus winter tyres: comparing acceleration on the snow
If you have to drive on snow and you have not yet fitted your winter tyres, here is a video that compares summer and winter tyres on snow that should finally convince you.
On the same topic
In this article, we have shown you the importance of driving with 4 alpine tyres on snowy surfaces. Today, we invite you to compare the acceleration between two BMW 1-Series. The first is fitted with winter tyres (Michelin Alpin 4) and its rival summer tyre (Michelin Primacy 3), size 205 55R16.
These tyres were confronted on a slight, snow-covered slope. The objective was to assess the climbing ability of both vehicles at low speed (in 1st gear).
You will discover the difference in grip between these two tyre categories:
Articles in the same header
- Winter tyre : can one drive with in Summer
- Dunlop Winter Sport 5, a new winter sports tyre
- The top best all season tyres for 2015 / 2016
- A tyre that changes colour when it’s time to switch to winter tyres
- The top best winter tyres for 2015/2016
- Top 8 best winter tyres for 2014/2015
- 10 things to know about winter tyres
- Nokian invents a winter tyre with retractable studs
- Goodyear demonstrates the importance of winter tyres
- Track'N'Go: Forget winter tyres and snow chains